Why I care
My mission is to serve my clients with the adequate knowledge, insights and tools to be able to understand and resolve their most important struggles.
My role is to be both an expert and an enabler who attends to the how by providing soft guidance and helping to build a foundation for trust and collaboration.
Simply put, I trust the world will be a better place if we learn to really listen to and communicate with each other in constructive ways.
As a change-maker with 25+ years of experience, I aspire to affect global decision-making in the area of social change by enabling participatory leadership practices in contexts where positive transformation and the UN Sustainable Development Goals is part of the agenda.
Steps to delivery
I bring structure and clarity to complex issues, helping teams explore the real underlying structural, functional and relational problems. I support you in addressing the issues at stake – in constructive and caring ways.
My process designs are customized to the needs of my clients and where they are in their journey. Conceptually the road to delivery of an assignment consists of the following steps:
We begin by establishing a foundation of trust and clarifying the basic needs and underlying “why” which made you contact me. As an intercultural expert with decades of experience in teaching intercultural communication, I understand the value of diversity and I help you see how you can work from an inclusive perspective and participatory approach to solving your issues.
We continue by exploring the issue and the dynamics at hand. I question the status quo with an empathic, explorative and creative approach and, most importantly, with respect and sensitivity towards you as my collaboration partner, where you are and where you are heading at.
Once we fully understand the various dimensions and depths of the challenge and tasks at hand, I suggest a process design to facilitate the steps ahead. We work together in a co-creation process, towards unpacking the complex issues and obstacles, reframing them into opportunities for improvement and starting to formulate possible solutions.
We carefully plan the implementation of the solution to ensure that it will be fully embraced by the people in the organisation in the long run. I also offer support to the teams if required, for instance through training programs or workshops to make sure the results of the change process will be well implemented and self-sustaining over time.
- A Senior Consultant, facilitator and trainer
- Trained as a Master of Arts (Roskilde University, Denmark, 1995) specialised in intercultural communication
- IAF (International Association of Facilitators) Certified ™ Professional Facilitator following the values and code ethics of IAF
- Professionally trained in dialogue, conflict management, non violent communication and facilitation.
- An Art of Hosting Practitioner
- Author and developer of learning materials within her area of expertise
- A co-creator at Emerging.earth
- Born and raised in Denmark, lived in Spain, currently inhabits the woods of Småland, in southern Sweden.